09 Jul Aldez Doing its Part to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
By Diane Copek
The COVID-19 pandemic was an unwelcome event that affected —and is still affecting— businesses around the globe. Aldez, too, has been impacted by the pandemic and was forced to make significant adjustments to our operations.
The safety and well-being of our employees and our customers is of paramount importance and I wish to communicate the steps that we have taken at our Aldez facilities to ensure everyone’s safety.
As Aldez has facilities across the country, both embedded within the automotive plants of our customers as well as independent, we have gone to great lengths to adhere to the requirements of the CDC and OSHA, as well as the needs of our clients, thus creating an environment focused on safety.
Among the changes we’ve made to stop the spread and ensure safety are the following:
- Each location conducts temperature checks daily before entry to any Aldez facility.
- Aldez provides masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment and they are mandatory in all locations.
- For entry to an Aldez location, everyone must complete a screening questionnaire. For repeat visitors and employees, these are done regularly.
- We implemented hand sanitizing stations at entry points to Aldez facilities.
- Added barriers in many locations in the common areas to give people personal space.
- We adapted schedules to ensure lunches and breaks and shift changes are done to reduce the movement of large numbers of people and adhere to our clients’ policies.
- Physical distancing floor markings were added in our facilities. Further, we rearranged break areas to help maintain proper distances and we removed chairs and marked seating areas to ensure proper capacity at break tables.
- Signs were posted with visual reminders of our physical distancing and hygiene policies.
- As Aldez continues to grow, we have adjusted our training schedule for new hires to ensure smaller groups.
- And, because employees are our greatest asset, we have policies and job protections in place to support any employees that may be affected. And our leadership has been enabled to understand and uphold all of our new policies.
We are proud to say, that while there was temporary disruption to employment, we have found the way to get all of our employees back to work. This was no easy task and has taken considerable coordination by the Aldez team and ongoing communication with our valued customers. I am deeply grateful to the Aldez team for the work that went into this and also thankful to our employees who are taking their part in adhering to our new policies very seriously.